We’re introducing some new features in the Zego Delivery app to help our annual car customers make changes to their policies, without needing to contact us.
One of the top questions we get is: How do I change my vehicle details in the Zego Delivery app if I’ve got an annual policy paid in instalments?
Well, the good news is you no longer have to call us to make changes!
Here’s how to change your vehicle details in the Zego Delivery app for annual policies paid in instalments
These instructions are for customers who bought their Scooter, Car or Van policy through our app. It doesn't include Scooter policies with Flex or Van policies with ancillary products.
First, make sure your Zego Delivery app is the most up-to-date version. You can check this through your phone’s App Store.
- Open the Zego Delivery app.
- Tap the ‘Cover’ option at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the policy you’d like to make changes to e.g. Annual Fully Comprehensive SD&P + H&R
- Scroll to ‘Vehicle details’ on this page and tap ‘Update vehicle’.
- Enter your new car registration number and tap ‘Continue’.
- Tap ‘Update vehicle’ to enter any missing details (e.g. no. of seats, engine size and value).
- Review the information on the page to make sure it’s up to date and tap ‘Continue’.
- Enter the amount of no claims discount (NCD) years you have and tap ‘Continue’.
- Select ‘I do’ or ‘Someone else’ when answering “Who owns the vehicle?”. Please note, if the vehicle belongs to someone else, you’ll need to provide your relationship to that person and tap ‘Continue’.
- Choose an option for where you leave your vehicle overnight from the list on the screen e.g. a ‘Locked Building’ and tap ‘Continue’.
- Enter the date the vehicle was purchased (DD/MM/YYYY) and tap ‘Continue’.
- Enter how many total miles you expect to drive in a year and how many personal miles you expect to drive per year and tap ‘Continue’.
- Review the updated information tap ‘Edit vehicle’ to make any additional changes and/or ‘Check my new price’ when you’re happy.
- On the next page, you’ll see your new annual insurance price. Depending on your new vehicle, you’ll be prompted with the following steps:
Payment increase: you’ll be shown your remaining balance to pay. This remaining balance will be deducted equally from your outstanding monthly insurance payment. Tap ‘Continue’ once you’re happy.
*If you’ve already settled your monthly payments and your premium has increased, you’ll need to make a one-off payment to cover your insurance for the remaining time of your policy agreement. When prompted you’ll need to accept the Zego terms of business tick box and tap ‘Pay & continue’ to proceed.
Payment decrease: you’ll be shown the amount we owe you. The remaining balance will be deducted from your outstanding balance. That means your new monthly payments will be adjusted. Tap ‘Refund & Continue’ once you’re happy.
*If you’ve already settled your monthly payments and your premium has decreased, we’ll refund you a one-off payment to the most recent card you made payment with.
No change: when there is no change or refund applicable, all you need to do is tap ‘Continue’.
And that’s it. From there, you can check your policy details, and change them again any time you need to. Easy!