We’re introducing some new features in the Zego Delivery app to help our 30 Day and Annual Car customers make changes to their policies, without needing to contact our Customer Support team.
One of the top questions we get is: How do I change my vehicle details in the Zego Delivery app if I’ve got a 30 Day or Annual Fixed Car policy, that I pay for upfront?
Well, the good news is you no longer have to call us to make changes!
Here’s how to change your vehicle details in the Zego Delivery app for 30 Day & Annual Fixed Car policies paid upfront
These instructions are for customers that bought their policy through our app.
First, make sure your Zego Delivery app is the most up-to-date version. You can check this through your phone’s App Store.
- Open the Zego Delivery app.
- Tap the ‘Cover’ option at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the policy you’d like to make changes to e.g. Car Delivery (SD&P and H&R FC)
- Scroll to ‘Vehicle details’ on this page and tap ‘Update vehicle’.
- Enter your new car registration number and tap ‘Continue’.
- Tap ‘Update vehicle’ to enter any missing details (e.g. no. of seats, engine size and value).
- Review the information on the page to make sure it’s up to date and tap ‘Continue’.
- Enter the amount of no claims discount (NCD) years you have and tap ‘Continue’.
- Select ‘I do’ or ‘Someone else’ when answering “Who owns the vehicle?”. Please note, if the vehicle belongs to someone else, you’ll need to provide your relationship to that person and tap ‘Continue’.
- Choose an option for where you leave your vehicle overnight from the list on the screen e.g. a ‘Locked Building’ and tap ‘Continue’.
- Enter the date the vehicle was purchased (DD/MM/YYYY) and tap ‘Continue’.
- Enter how many total miles you expect to drive in a year and how many personal miles you expect to drive per year and tap ‘Continue’.
- Review the updated information tap ‘Edit vehicle’ to make any additional changes and/or ‘Continue’ when you’re happy.
- On the next page, you’ll see your original and new monthly or annual insurance price.
Please note: any reductions in premium price will be refunded onto the same card you made your most recent payment with.
If there is a premium increase, you’ll be charged a one-off payment. You’ll be charged using the same card you made your initial payment with, unless you change your default card before changing your vehicle details.
Once you’re happy, tap ‘Pay & Continue’ and your vehicle details will be successfully updated.
And that’s it. From there, you can check your policy details, and change them again any time you need to. Easy!
We’ll be rolling out this feature for Annual Car policies paid in instalments, as well as for Scooter and Van policies in the near future. Keep your eyes peeled!