We’ve recently added new features in the Zego Delivery app that allow you to update your vehicle and address details. So, as a customer with an annual policy (paying for your insurance in instalments), you can now make changes to your cover without having to contact us.
One of the other questions we hear from customers is: can I renew my insurance in the Zego Delivery app if I pay for my annual policy in instalments?
Well, now you can and it only takes a minute!
Here’s how to renew your policy in the Zego Delivery app for annual policies paid in instalments
These instructions are for customers who bought their policies through our app, and are within the renewal window for their specific insurance product. This is 21 days before your annual policy is set to expire.
Before you get started, make sure your Zego Delivery app is the most up-to-date version. You can check this through your phone’s App Store.
1. Open the Zego Delivery app.
2. Tap the ‘Cover’ option at the bottom of the screen.
3. Select the policy that’s ready to renew.
4. Under the ‘Policy details’ section, you’ll see your policy start and end dates. Underneath this information tap ‘Renew policy’.
5. On the next page, you’ll be asked to confirm your policy details. Once you’re happy that everything looks OK, confirm then tap ‘Continue’.
Please note: If you need to change any of your details before you renew, select ‘No, I need to update my details’ and you’ll be able to speak with our support team via live chat.
6. On the next screen, you’ll see your annual payment amount – confirm that you understand and agree to the terms of business, then tap ‘Continue’.
7. Next, you’ll see your payment options*. Confirm how you’d like to pay (e.g. 10 monthly repayments) then tap ‘Continue’.
8. On the next screen, you’ll see your ‘Payment breakdown’, which explains the details of your annual or monthly repayments. Once you’re happy, tap ‘Pay & Continue’.
And that’s it! Your policy will be renewed, and you can make changes to your details again, anytime you need to.
* Your payment options will depend on how you paid for your previous policy. If you paid in a single upfront payment, you’ll see that option again here. Similarly, if you paid in monthly instalments, that’s the payment option you’ll get. We’re working on an improvement that will allow you to change how you pay for future policies.