What's included in Zego's courier van insurance?

Written by Benedict Harrison

Published on

Find out what Zego’s courier van insurance protects you for, the different options we have available and the optional extras you can add to your policy.

At Zego, we want to make it easy to understand your insurance policy. Nobody should have to read through pages and pages of insurance jargon to find out what their policy covers them for.

In this post, we’ll look at what Zego’s courier van insurance protects you against. We’ll take a look at the different options we have available, the different ways you can customise your policy and how to get started with a quote.

Social, Domestic & Pleasure insurance

If you have a 30-day or Annual courier van insurance policy with Zego, your policy includes Social, Domestic & Pleasure (SD&P) insurance. SD&P insurance protects you for your personal driving, such as when you drive to the shops or visit a friend.

Courier work

How you use your van is important in terms of the type of insurance cover that you need to have in place. All of Zego’s courier van insurance policies include cover for your work as a courier. If you use your vehicle to carry food or parcels in exchange for payment, this is not covered under a standard SD&P insurance policy.

Public Liability insurance

Public Liability insurance protects you in case a member of the public suffers an injury or property damage as a result of a non-motor related incident. As the policyholder of 30-day or Annual courier van insurance with Zego, your policy includes up to £5m Public Liability insurance.

What else is covered?

The amount of protection you get from your courier van insurance depends on the level of cover you choose when you take out a policy with Zego. We offer you the choice of Fully Comprehensive, Third Party, Fire & Theft or Third Party Only cover, so you can get as much cover as you need to stay safe out on the road.

What else can I add onto my policy?

Zego offers a range of optional extras for you to choose from, so you can get protection for what matters to you. Add Goods in Transit insurance to your policy to protect any items you're carrying in your van for your work. You can also add No Claims Discount (NCD) protection onto your policy to protect any years of NCD you have built up.

How do I get a quote?

For more information, you can visit our courier van insurance page, or give us a call on 020 7206 0221.