We’re introducing some new features in the Zego Delivery app to help our pay-as-you-go (Flex) customers make changes to their accounts, without needing to contact us.
One of the questions we hear a lot is: How do I cancel my Flex account in the Zego Delivery app?
Although we’ll be sad to see you go, you can now cancel your Zego account with just a few taps.
*This feature is only available for Zego Pay-As-You-Go (Flex) customers. If you have more than one account with us, you’ll need to speak with our Customer Support team to cancel.
How to cancel your Flex account in the Zego Delivery app
First, make sure you have the latest version of the Zego Delivery app. You can check this through your phone’s App Store.
- Open the Zego Delivery app.
- Tap the ‘Cover’ option at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the account you want to cancel, for example, ‘Car Delivery (H&R) only’.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap ‘Cancel your policy’.
- Read the information carefully, select a reason for cancellation, then proceed by tapping ‘Yes’.
- If you have an outstanding balance, and your Flex account is still active, you’ll be asked to pay this before we can process your cancellation.
If you still have money in your Flex account, your refund will be sent to the same card you made payment with.
(Please note: you’ll receive a full refund on the card on which payments have been made. This does not include any promotional credit or goodwill provided by us).
- Your cancellation will be completed after you confirm your refund or settle your outstanding balance.
And that’s it, easy! From there, you’ll be able to check the details of your cancelled account. And, if you decide to take out insurance with us in the future, you can do so at any time.
What happens if my card details have expired?
If your payment card is out-of-date, we'll ask you to add a new card before you cancel your account. We'll use that card to process your refund or outstanding balance.
*You can't cancel your Zego Flex account while you're still on shift, as you'll owe the outstanding balance of your cover for the period of that shift.
Looking for other ways to update your Flex account using the app? Check out this blog on new features in the Zego Delivery app.