How To Get an Insurance Certificate For Fast Food Delivery work

Written by Benedict Harrison

Published on

Our guide to the cover you need for food delivery work and how to get an insurance certificate.

If you’re looking to start work as a fast food takeaway delivery driver you will need insurance and you may be asked to provide proof that you have the insurance you need as part of your application. But if you’re brand new to delivery work, it’s not always easy to make sense of what insurance you need to have in place, or how to get the policy that’s right for you.

In this post, we’ll take you through the insurance cover you need to have in place, the different options available to you and how you can get the certificate you need to show companies that you have food delivery or courier insurance in place.

What insurance do you need to have in place?

To work as a food delivery or courier driver, you’ll need to make sure you have both Social, Domestic & Pleasure (SD&P) and Hire & Reward (H&R) insurance cover in place. Each type of cover protects you for using your vehicle for different activities and both are required by law for food delivery work.

Your SD&P protects you for the everyday use of your vehicle, such as driving to the shops or visiting a friend. H&R is the specific type of cover that protects you for carrying food or parcels in exchange for payment. Even if you only want to use your vehicle for your work, you still need to have both types of protection in place.

What options are available?

At Zego, we offer a range of options for food delivery and courier drivers, so you can get cover that works for you. For scooter riders and car drivers, we’re the only provider of flexible, pay-as-you-go H&R cover in the UK. Our most flexible option is perfect if you’re just starting out as a food delivery driver, or if you’re working up to or around 25 hours per week.

You pay an hourly rate and you’re covered to work with our partnered work providers, which includes the likes of Deliveroo, Just Eat, Uber Eats, Stuart and more. Simply link your Zego app with your delivery account and you’re good to go.

If you’re looking for one convenient policy that includes all the cover you need for your work and personal driving, a combined policy could be for you. We offer 30-day and annual combined insurance policies for scooter riders and car drivers. we have a breakdown here of the costs for food delivery insurance.

To get started with your quote for flexible or combined delivery insurance, just download the Zego Delivery app and get a quote – it only takes a minute.

Where can you get your insurance certificate?

Once you’ve completed your sign up for flexible cover, or you’ve set up a combined delivery insurance policy, we’ll be able to provide you with the cover you need to show your work providers you have insurance in place.

We’ll email your documents to you once we have everything we need. If you use Zego’s pay-as-you-go cover, you can also find your insurance certificate on the Zego app.

If you have any questions, or if you need any further help getting started, just let our team know and we’ll be happy to assist you. You can also visit our car delivery insurance or scooter delivery insurance pages for more information.

Related Posts

Does business insurance cover food delivery work?

Best cars for food delivery